Musings on marriage

I was once asked how marriage has changed my relationship with my then boyfriend and now husband. And my answer then was: not so much. Pondering about it now, I realized that A LOT has changed in our relationship since we got hitched two years ago. For one, we are less tolerant of each other that we have become critical to a fault. I admit that I focus too much on my husband's temper rather than acknowledge his sweet little gestures. Last Sunday, I chided him for being "ma-pride" which was very unlikely of him when we were still on our dating stage. His reply was: "Kasi alam ko na kahit magka-away tayo, magkikita pa rin tayo sa bahay. Wala kang choice kundi kausapin ako unlike nung mag-boyfriend tayo." Tama nga naman.
Lesson learned: Once you get married, you are left with no choice but to work things out. Ergo, separation is never an option.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TAMA!...that's why the thought of marriage scares me, hehe. Ako naman, I think I'm not strong enough to live a married life, hehe.

Boss Jr. said...

I'll give you a comment when I get home... haha! Love you mom!

CANDY said...

yes it's scary when you are not prepared or if you have doubts. kaya you really have to think it over many, many times.