Dreaming of Bora

I can't exactly remember how many times I've been in this island probably because they were forgettable except for one thing: how the talcum-like sand first felt under my bare feet. It's nothing I've seen or experienced prior to my first trip to Boracay. And it's the only thing I can vividly remember until now.
If you noticed, I've added a ticker on my page that reveals a countdown until our Boracay trip next year. I haven't discussed this yet with my husband (well now you know after reading this) but I really am bent on going back to this island WITH him in tow for three main reasons: 1) he hasn't been to Bora; 2) it's the next best thing to Bikini Destination; 3) to prove to him that, indeed, the sand is powdery.
Now my problem is the budget. It's not cheap to travel these days especially for us who like to eat A LOT. Last year, we went to Cebu and stayed at Shangri-La Mactan for three days, and another night at Waterfront. While we got our accommodations at Shang on the cheap, our pocket money was mostly spent eating in restaurants (and we didn't even try out any of Shang's restos except during breakfast. Otherwise, we would have begged our way back to Manila).
I haven't set an amount yet but based from our previous Cebu trip, the Bora vacay would probably set us back by P30,000 net. Beyond that and I would have to scrap the whole plan and postpone it indefinitely.
Maybe I should watch the Secret again and hope for the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang saraaaap! Mas masarap pa naman dun pumunta pag kasama mo better half mo...haaaay. :) Kaya mo maipon yan. :) Next year pa naman, e....magtabi ka din ng konti para makapag-schedule tayo ng food binge. :D

CANDY said...

tuloy na tuloy na ba ung reunion ng journ sa 13th? wala kasi ako nababasa na updates sa friendster.