Black or White?

Black has always been a recurring trend. Today, Americans have reaffirmed this by voting the first black president to the White House. Aaahh..I just hope the GQ material Obama is not just another trend. I like the guy. He brims with so much promise...and fashion sense.
If it's worth anything, McCain was man enough to concede. That's unheard of here in the Philippines. No Filipino politician accepts defeat. Just look at our government. How many political factions have clamored for a recall of electoral count, claiming that their bet won by x margin. Good God! They should have done that four years ago.
In the meantime, should we even care about the US elections? What good will it bring this third world country? One political analyst said an Obama victory would be favorable for Asian countries given that the Harvard graduate grew up in Indonesia, hence...is more sympathetic to Asians? Do you get the parallelism? I don't either. US has both of its hands full right now -- a looming recession, rising unemployment rate,Iraq war, weak dollar, etc. Sorry guys, but water runs dry even in the promise land.
Again I ask: should we give a damn who wins in the US Election?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ako, I admit, I give a damn, hehe. :) I never really cared about the US elections, pero this year, I just sooo wanted Obama to win because I admire everything the dude stands for. :) and he did win! yeyeyeyey!

CANDY said...

Well I guess to some extent we should care..only because some of my relatives are in the U.S. haha
Don't get me wrong but I was also (silently) rooting for Obama. I lost interest when Oprah endorsed Obama. She's like the female version of Dr. Phil.