The devil is in the dessert!



If there's one thing that pulls me and Argel together, it's food. Eating is our favorite pastime and our way of coping when we are so harassed in our respective offices. Whenever we can, we see to it that we have dinner dates at least once a month. It doesn't have to be something fancy. So long as it's new, it's good, it's reasonable, it pleases our palates, or it is referred by a friend, then it's good enough for us to give it a try.
Last night, Argel asked me out and I am glad that he did. We rarely go out on dates lately either because my two boys are always tagging along, or we just never had the time. So last night was really something to look forward to. I can't say that it was the most romantic but it was definitely fun. We had a good laugh throughout the evening.
Anyway, we ended up at this restaurant called Wagamamu. It's a new place along N.S. Amoranto (former Retiro) in Q.C. with cozy interiors and friendly staff. I don't know what their specialty is but I would definitely recommend their desserts. We tried their blueberry streussel cheesecake and boy, it melts in your mouth! It's a perfect balance of creaminess, texture, richness, and sweetness. I know the picture is not as appetizing but so far, it's one of the best blueberry cheesecakes I've tasted (The other one was at Cafe George in Cebu). They also serve good cappuccino made from roasted Italian beans. Now, if you want to make your own brew at home, you can take home your own Italian espresso maker which are available in varying sizes from the restaurant's mini store. I've seen a similar espresso maker used by Giada de Laurentiis in her show Everyday Italian and I was so fascinated by its sheer simplicity. They also sell roasted coffee and teabags in cans and paper bags to go with your espress machine. Do give it a try just in case you have nothing to do on a mundane evening.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooow. :) Actually, the picture of that cheesecake looks appetizing. Yummm...Kaso ang layo, QC...pero yummmm. :)Ako din, actually, kaya kong mag-ubos ng pera basta food. :)

CANDY said...

minsan kain tayo...as in food binge! I will bring you to one of our favorite Italian bistros called Amici. Ang saarraapp, authentic, and very reasonable. I like their spinach lasagna with ricotta cheese. charap!