Wolverine is back..and other kick-ass characters from our childhood

I know nobody can really predict the future but I think it's safe to say that 2009 is gonna be a blockbuster year for movies (and yes, another reason to stash away some cash for those prime theater seats.)
Got this list from Yahoo Movies. I confess that I'm no movie fan. I am too lazy to make the trip to the mall, line up at the movie tills, wait for my turn at the hotdog stand, and sit still for two hours - UNLESS it's really a good movie like last year's "Batman" with Heath Ledger that had me strapped to my seat from start to closing credits (even if my bladder was about to blow up with liquid amonia all over the floor). It's just so unfortunate that Heath didn't live long enough to see his Oscar-worthy performance.
Anyway, here is a (long) list of movies that would somehow inspire you to save up some moolah because honestly they're all worth watching.

1. Fast & Furious with Paul Walker and Vin Diesel (no comment)
2. X-men Origins: Wolverine with Hugh Jackman (this I SHOULD not miss)
3. Star Trek (I haven't watched a single episode of this sci-fi franchise "loser! loser!" but I guess it's worth mentioning)
4. Angels & Demons with Tom Hanks - (I fell asleep with The Da Vinci Code but hey everyone deserves a second chance!)
5. Terminator Salvation with Christian Bale (and not Arnold Schwarzenegger, thank God!)
6. Land of the Lost
7. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Shia LaBeouf is smokin'!)
8. Public Enemies with Johnny Depp (need I elaborate more?)
9. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
10. G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (I'm very curious with this)
11. Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr. (he did a good job in Iron Man)
12. Avatar (I SHOULD watch this on a Lazy Boy at Gateway with Argel and River. We are all big fans of Avatar)

For the complete list, click on Yahoo! Movies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Among the list, I'm most excited in Terminator and Transformer. :) I'm not into Star Trek din, and I really find the series boring, pero curious ako sa movie. :D

CANDY said...

Kami naman sa Avatar because we really are a fan of the cartoon version especially River. He's got a whole series of Avatar. Have you watched some episodes? Ang ganda ng twist ng story and ang galing ng mga characters. Very original.

Anonymous said...

Di pa ko nakakapanood ng Avatar, but my Kuya and my oldest nephew are great fans. Siguro sa susunod hiramin ko sa kuya ko yung DVDs. :) Yung movie ba cartoons din?

CANDY said...

nope it's not cartoons. para siyang X-men with Hugh Jackman with 3D effects.