'stache or no 'stache?


So what is a mustacheologist? At first, I thought it was a new entry in the dictionary concocted by a Joe the Six Pack. But no, a mustacheologist is a person who studies (hold your breath) men's mustache. What exactly do they study? I honestly have no friggin' idea. Apparently according to the Yahoo video that I watched, there are a handful types of mustache like the horseshoe, manchu, handlebar, walrus, lampshade, and so on, categorized according to the thickness and shape of the upper lip hair, perhaps?
Whatever. I don't like mustache in my man. I find it simply annoying. No pogi points for you, dear hubby. I think of it as a dirt trap that gathers food residue and facial oils. And then what? You're gonna rub all that muck all over my face and *ehem" my body? No thanks. I prefer my man to be squeaky clean that's why I keep nagging my husband to please, please shave and get rid of those wiry shoots. I don't quite get some women who find mustache in men very sexy and well, arousing. Honestly, mustache reminds of me kontrabidas like Rez Cortez, Paquito Diaz, and Jorge Estregan, Jr.
On the contrary, there are actors whose mustaches define their characters such as the late Rudy Fernandez, and Ramon Revilla Sr. Just imagine if they didn't have mustache? Di ko ma-imagine.
Well going back to the subject, don't you think there should also be such a term as goateeologist to keep it fair and square? How about balbonism? Just saying...
(Photo credit goes to professionalheckler)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is goatee considered a mustache? I usually find men with goatees appealing...but now that you've how a bunch of hair can gather food residue and facial oil...yikes nga! hehehe.

CANDY said...

hmm very tricky question. I guess for me they're still one and the same in a way that I think of mustache and goatee (and facial hair in general) as dirt traps. But if I have to choose, yes I must agree with you, men with goatee are sexier.