Intermittent absence


I have almost forgotten about this blog because I've been so preoccupied with take home work, house chores, and catching up on sleep that I barely open my laptop. In the office, I don't browse the net except for instances when we have to download some files from the FTP server. We are THAT busy. I know my life sounds so boring lately but oi, chronic boredom has its rewards. Yesterday, I and two of my colleagues were awarded Employee of the Month (November). I, too, was surprised because this is the first time that I received such commendation from my employer. (I worked my frakkin' ass off in that newspaper for seven years and not even once was I awarded for something or received any increase save for the mandatory yearly CBA salary hike which is more of a right of an employee rather than a privilege). Well enough of the sour graping.
Btw, this employee of the month thing has a set of criteria but I will spare you from the litany because it's quite a mouthful.
The awarding took place without much fanfare but I must admit that it felt good to be recognized by somebody for your efforts. I'm sharing this with you, not to brag or take credit for anything, but just to let you know how happy I am with my new work place. While we all have our own eccentricities and kababawan, my officemates are cool and super kwela. We always have a good laugh. I think that's the most important thing when looking for a place to work. It should make you laugh. As for the tough deadlines and my mundane office life, it's all good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Candy! Actually dati ka pa nga dapat mabigyan ng ganyang award kasi masipag ka talaga at very profesional..
ang saya naman sa office/co-workers mo. lipat kaya ako jan? (especially now na hindi binibigay sweldo namin...waaa).

CANDY said...

sige dali lipat ka dito! pag may opening sabihin ko sayo. Bakit wala pa kayo sweldo? diba antagal ng binigay ng bonus sa government agencies? =(

Anonymous said...

walang bonus ung mga contractual na tulad ko. ;( and since ginamit yung money para sa mga bonus ng mga regular, na-delay tuloy yung bayad saming mga contractual. ;(