The storm is over

I've spent the last couple of days in the hospital. Last Wednesday, we rushed my eldest to the hospital because he was complaining of dizziness, nausea and stomach pains the previous night. He was pale and weak, dark circles under his eyes, his lips dry. I was so nervous.
My pedia told us to confine him the moment he saw my son. A series of lab tests ensued. Our doctor advised us not to feed my son anything, including water for 24 hours.
I won't go into details how I spent the last three nights. The more important thing is we are going home this afternoon. I am so relieved. I want to cry.
I can't thank my company enough who's been so understanding and very thoughtful of my situation, allowing me to take the morning or afternoon off so I could stay with my son in the hospital. They even gave me a fruit basket for my son. My sisters are super! They've stayed with their nephew during the times when I had to go home so I could attend to my bunso. Thank you for all the prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kumusta na po sya ngayon?:( I hope Alamat is doing much better now.

CANDY said...

Si river po ang nagkasakit. He had pancreatitis (as a result of mumps. He's doing better now although we need to bring him to the doctor tomorrow for his follow-up check-up.

Anonymous said...

Oh, oo nga pala, si Yib...sorry nalito na. I'm glad he's doing better para mas ma-enjoy nya ang Christmas.