Dull December

While I love the cold weather now, I hate all the illnesses that come with December. My son has been down with cough for two weeks now, and the last time we checked with our pedia we were told that he has bronchitis which could mutate into pneumonia if we don't act fast. He has since been drinking this very expensive antibiotic and three sessions of nebulizer a day which I really hope and pray would work because my son is slowly losing weight due to his bad cough. We haven't bathe him for four straight days now, punas-punas lang muna, for fear that this might aggravate the situation further (okay, I attribute this "practice" to my grandmother). To make matters even worse, my son has developed mumps on either side of his cheeks/jaws. It couldn't have come at a worst time. First the cough, now this. As a result, he had to miss his third quarter exams and, if things don't improve anytime soon (God forbid), he might also miss his first Christmas party in his new school. Kawawa naman. He's been looking forward to the class party since last week. Please pray for my son and his fast recovery.
My youngest, Alamat, also has cough but a milder version (Thank God!). Last night, my husband arrived from work looking haggard and tired. Turns out, he too has the December flu. Ako na lang ang wala (knock on wood) maybe because I have stronger resistance and a full army of antibodies (inspite of my smoking habit). I hope these illnesses in my family will soon be over before the year ends.
Anyway, I hope my classmates (in journ) would forgive me if I missed our class reunion last Saturday because I really had my hands full over the weekend juggling maternal duties with take-home work. The guilt would kill me if I knew that my kids were sick back home and I was at some place drinking and partying the night away. Next time, promise. Count me in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The journ people understand naman. :) I'll pray for yib po. One of my nephews has a similar problem to. :( I hope yib gets better...I hope everyone in the family gets better. Inom kayo ng maraming vitamin C...I heard vitamin C works wonders daw talaga.

CANDY said...

oo nga eh...kaso pag nag-a-antibiotics bawal muna mag-vitamins sabi ng pedia kasi hindi naabsorb ung gamot. Thanks for the prayers