School blues

Im feeling a bit cynic this morning. Woke up early than usual so I and Argel would not miss the Parents Orientation in our son's new school in QC at 8:30 am. If it's worth anything, the orientation started on the dot pero naman, the moment I sat inside the auditorium and listened to my son's would-be teachers, my first impulse was to get a refund.
Natakot ako! Goodness, these teachers who are supposed to guide and mold our kids to be smart citizens should be schooled themselves!
Being the nitpicker that I was, I busied myself halfway through the orientation jotting down grammatical flaws that were so obvious it was almost hilarious!
This particular teacher, who I think was the day's facilitator, kept on addressing us as "payrents." Ha? "Payrents?"
And the litany goes on... endayvor, bayring, ee-ducation, diskrisyun. At one point, the assistant principal for academic affairs expounded on developing the love for reading among children.
She remarks: "...so that the children is easy to read." What the f+@&k!" Seriously, it's beyond comprehension. Paki-translate nga po.
I have nothing against any dialect. In fact, I am proud of people who embrace their native accent. I don't care if you have an American accent and all that crap so long as you can pronounce the words CORRECTLY and can carry a conversation decently.
At my son's age, he's like a sponge who absorbs everything and if he's being fed wrong information mahirap nang ituwid pag tumanda na! Just look at these teachers, at their age they still pronounce parents as "payrents." Maybe that's what their former mentors taught them and now they are passing it on to their students. It's really frustrating sometimes and I am mortified.
Paging DepEd...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! This just made me laugh! Buti 'di lumabas pagka-matona mo at kinorek mo sila nang may halong sarcasm, hahahahaha!

CANDY said...

hay naku! sobrang natatawa nga ako kanina sa meeting pero siempre pinipigilan ko. Pero diba nakakatakot! Imagine your kids nagsasalita ng ganun? Ano na lng sabihin ng ating mga amigas. wehehehe