First day of school..mom is not cool na cool

It's Riv's first day of school today. Woke up at 5:15 am to prepare breakfast, gave him a bath and a quick pep talk on what to expect now that he's attending big school.
I was still kinda feeling sleepy this morning since we conked out quite late last night: my husband was reading this self-help book on business administration while I was doing a marathon of reruns and cooking shows.
Saw my son off at around 6:15 and I was more than happy to crawl back to bed and get a few more hours of zzzz.
Then it hit me. It's Riv's first day in his NEW school. Shet! I left my five-year-old to fend for himself and navigate his way around the campus. What if Mang Andrew just left him at the gate? What if he can't find his classroom? Or didn't know anybody?
I was in total panic! How stupid can I get?!! Good thing isang oras lang ang pasok nia today and by the time I realized what I just did he was already on his way home.
Goodness, I was sooo relieved to see him! Learned that all his classmates had their parents in tow waiting at the school's gate. Naawa ako sa anak ko...Fortunately, my son is an independent kid, a survivor.
When asked how he found his classroom, he said: "Sinundan ko ung mga servicemates ko papasok. Tapos nakita ko daddy ni Lance, sinamahan nia ako sa classroom."
Lance was my son's classmate in kindergarten and is now in the same class as Riv's. To Lance's dad, although I've yet to meet you personally, super thank you. The world is a better place to live in because of people like you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Galing naman ni yib. =D Hopefully ganun din mga pamangkin ko...I've yet to test their skills on such situations.