Belated Father's Day

I may not be blessed with a flourishing career but God is fair and wise because he blessed me instead with two healthy boys and a husband who works day and night to give us a comfortable life. I wanted to re-publish an article I wrote last year, sort of a tribute to my husband for our Father's Day special when I still worked for that office.
That article was perhaps the most taxing and challenging writing assignment I had in my entire career. Not that I didn't have anything good to say about Argel. In fact, there were tons I wanted to say to him but every time I attempted to start a sentence, there was always a new idea creeping in from nowhere, things that he did for me in the past that would alter my flow of thought and essentially change the flow of the article.
In short, it took me days to write that story. It was brain-draining to be honest. For the first time, I was lost for words and when the story finally got published, readers from as far as Davao whom I didnt even know emailed me with positive feedback. These were young dads, too, who said that they can relate to my story.
Anyway, I wanted to re-post that article here but decided against it. I will instead share the activities we had to celebrate Father's Day yesterday.
Breakfast consisted of omelet that I made with flat leaf parsley and parmesan, toasts, cheese hotdogs and coffee.
With no concrete plans for the day, we took the kids to the garage at naligo kami lahat dun never mind if the kapitbahay thought it ridiculous.
Lunch was at the QC Park only because I still had GCs (remnants from my previous job) to this Filipino restaurant. Wa;a rin naman kaming pera for a buffet lunch at Spiral.
My eldest, Riv, brought his skateboard kaso umulan kaya di makausap pauwi. Nagtampo. (Kanino sa ulan? Aba di ko kasalan yun ah!)
I was so tired that I went straight to our big bed and switched on to National Geographic. Sarap ng ulan especially when you're cuddled under the cold sheets.
Di ko alam, nag-skateboard pala sa labas ng bahay si Argel and Riv. That's Argel. Kahit pagod he always has time for the kids and of course for me (pero siempre yung sakin pag tulog na mga bata..hehe). He'd rather play with us than go out with friends. Kung may lakad sia, gusto nia parati ako kasama.
God is so good. I am really so blessed to have him, and to have a second shot at love.
Yun lang pow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to Argel!...sorry I also forgot to greet you happy mother's day the last time. I guess am still trapped in this world where I think we're all still 20 and virgins. ;( i need to grow up. ;'(

CANDY said...

salamat, salamat! siguro masyado ka lang immersed sa trabaho mo. ako naman walang magawa although our company is starting to pick-up pero siempre, like with any other business even with articles, mahirap simulan. pero pag nasimulan na, tuloy-tuloy na =)

Boss Jr. said...

Thanks for the appreciation Mom! LoveYouMuches!