Fake imitation?





While I have yet to get over my "school jitters" yesterday, here comes another grammatical blooper which I chanced upon while I was preparing my husband's favorite lychee and almond gulaman. Muntik ko ng sabihing, "Shet what a coaccident."
I found this carton of unflavored jelly mix inside the kitchen cabinet. I don't usually read labels especially if I use the product regularly, but I've never seen or heard of this "gulaman" product before and so my iron chef instinct told me to quickly go through the label which read, among other things, "Manufactured in the Philippines."
Ok it's good enough. I didn't know we had local gulaman packaged in a cute carton. As I was about to open the packet, lo and behold, I saw a disclaimer printed on one corner of the carton -- "Beware of fake imitation."
Juiceko po! There goes my lychee and gulaman dessert.
This could only mean two things: the product was already an imitation of another brand and that they are warning consumers of unscrupulous companies "faking" their already imitation product. Hence beware of fake imitation.
Second, and I am pretty sure about this, is that the manufacturer is no smarter than a fifth grader.
Watchuthink?

No comments: