Of birthdays, job interviews and gadgets

I have a new laptop, thanks to my benefactor who insisted that he bought me one since I am into the writing business (yes business, not craft) and often used HIS laptop to write my articles. After much convincing and wading through computer shops in Greenhills, I finally found the perfect gizmo for me -- a white Acer Aspire. I am not very particular with specs so long as it had wifi/internet connection, word document, games and powerpoint. It was a good buy, with a few extras altho I have yet to exploit the other features. Saka na. Lo and behold, a week after my precious purchase, I already dropped the laptop twice. Ngek! I guess that's the problem with small laptops, you forget it's inside your bag.
Anyway, it's still running so I guess it's worth every cent that I shelled out (or rather my husband shelled out). Ok. So much about the laptop.
River's turning six tomorrow, Aug. 5, and he cant wait. He's been doing some sort of a countdown since July and says he can't wait to be 10. Curious, I asked why he's such in a hurry to grow up.
"So I could play GTA," he said sheepishly.
GTA? As in Grand Theft Auto?!!! I've seen snippets of the game shown over Attack of the Show. Natakot ako. I swear River is not going to play that game even if he's 20. What the hell were they thinking? Teaching kids to be felons and how to steal cars?

No comments: