Maling akala...NOT!

Months after careless whispers started circulating, the much-anticipated reunion concert of Eheads is finally pushing through on Saturday at The Fort! Thank you Lord.
Heard the good news over Magic while on the way to palengke this morning. My husband wanted to go to SM Manila ora mismo to get tickets.
We can't miss the concert. No. Not in this lifetime. We grew up with Eheads as with the rest of the millions who have been clamoring for a reunion since they disbanded. And our prayers have been heard...to the tune of P10 million each (according to rumors)? So what if there's a string attached? It only happens once...and lucky for us people here in Manila because we get to buy the tickets first before scalpers beat us to it. Just think of the fans from Cebu, Davao, Bacolod or saan mang lupalop. They would still need to book plane tickets, hotel accommodations, land transfer if they want to watch the concert, not to mention they are at the mercy of scalpers pag nagkaubusan. Aren't you glad you live in filthy Manila?
Anyway, I told my husband we'll just buy the tickets after lunch. Besides we didnt have cash and had to withdraw from the bank.
To my dismay, SM wasn't selling tickets to the concert. Sa Robinson's ma'am, said the saleslady. Taragis. It was another 20-minute ride. Worse, the ticket world website was down as I speak write. I won't be surprised if the website crashed due to frantic demand. After all, organizers kept the concert under wraps until yesterday when they finally announced that it was after all pushing through. Apparently, Philip Morris backed out as sponsor of the concert (Read full story here)
To cut to the chase, I made the trip to Robinson's Ermita and sure enough there were enough to buy me six. They only started selling daw that morning. I was ticket holder number 3009. God knows when the register will stop clicking.
(Words from the wise: Tickets are cheaper by P71.50 if you purchase them online or through ticket world outlets)
Shet. I hope this won't be another riot. The last time I watched Eheads (I was a high schoolan senior), concert goers broke through glass doors because they refuse to open the gates.
Now it will be at The Fort. I can't help but be reminded of the Wowowee stampede. Or the F4 phenomenon. Wag naman sana. Perhaps I should wear rubber boots and bring an empty mineral water bottle just in case, uhmm, the line at the portalet would be unbearable.
So help me God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

buti ka pa makakapanood.;( hindi ako kasing big fan mo, but i do like them..at gustong-gusto ko manuod kasi magiging history to, e. kaso hindi pa din ako sumusweldo, hehe. kaya aabangan ko na lang kwento mo dito sa blog mo...don't forget to post pictures ha? hehe. :)

CANDY said...

sayang i don't have pictures. but even if we brought a camera, wala rin kwenta. eheads were like cake toppers from our view, ang layo namin!