An attempt at blogging



So I'm officially part of the growing statistics of the unemployed here in the Philippines which explains why I created this blog in the first place (sigh). After more than seven years of writing for a newspaper, I finally called it quits last March due to a number of reasons (burnout being on top of the list).
I initially planned on just staying home, crafting my own fashion accessories, and looking after my two hyperactive boys, River & Alamat. And so I went to 168 as soon as I got my check to buy some beads and tools to jump start my hobby. Turned out, the beads at 168 were quite expensive (not to mention parking was horrendous!) and I only found out about it after going to Quiapo.
Minus the heavy and somewhat rowdy crowd, Quiapo is the place to go if you are looking for nice stones and quality beads at reasonable prices. I spent about P1,500 for a string of turquoise, amethyst, assorted beads, crimping tools, and beading wires. I also bought some magazines from Booksale (in SM Manila) to get me started. I still have them with me, untouched, except for a few attempts to create a lariat which was got a thumbs down from my husband cos it was kinda baduy daw and a choker. Maybe I should consider enrolling in a beading workshop..

Haiz...I just miss writing.

No comments: