Vertigo..and I dont even listen to U2!

Have you ever heard of Vertigo? Learned about it the hard way one afternoon while I was rushing an article. All of a sudden, my vision started to swirl with my head swaying like pendulum from one side to the other. I initially dismissed it as a severe case of migraine but then the swirling continued until I had to call (or was it shout) for help.
Since it was a holiday, I and my husband were the only people in the building that time. He was downloading some stuff from the Internet while I was trying to earn extra money (through freelance writing)
The office was at the topmost floor (4th)so I was already beginning to panic because I didn't think
it was possible for me to get to the car by FOOT. Someone had to drag me all the way down.
The slightest movement (like opening my eyes) only triggered my insides to throw up gooey mix of saliva and undigested rice. (Yuck!)It was that bad. I was starting to tear up and can hear myself sobbing.
Promise. I thought katapusan ko na. It was like riding the roller coaster at Eurostar (at The Fort) ten times without stopping.
I probably threw up three times, and another three upon arriving at Argel's uncle's house who is also the family doctor. I think it was SOP for doctors to rule out obvious symptoms before concluding anything so Tito Lit's wife, who also happens to by my OB, brought out a PT (pregnancy test) and quickly led me to the rest room.
Teka, teka. Im not pregnant. And then the swirling returned again followed by a dollop of thick saliva.
The test came out to be "void" meaning I had to repeat it again after two weeks because there were vague traces daw of the pregnancy hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin or (hCG).Ngek! OA namang pagbubuntis ko kung ganon! I never experienced this with the two pregnancies that I had.
Well anyway, I was prescribed Bonamine (to be on the safe side just in case I was really pregnant).
Spent the following day in bed sleeping like a baby (pun intended). I still feel a bit nauseous today but nonetheless better. Now I'm anxious to know if Im really pregnant.
Will let you know as soon as I get the result. =)

No comments: