I heart my job!

It's been a fortnight since I last updated my blog, the reason being I now HAVE a job. I mean a regular job that pays well than what I was getting from freelance writing but not as much as my previous PR stint.
So far, I am loveeeing it here. Of course, having to stress over the level tests is another thing. But this is what I hand in mind and have been obsessing over the last couple of months.
To start with, the office is so quiet you can hear a pin drop. Seriously, tahimik talaga. The only sound I hear the whole day is the aircon blowing ice cold air smack into my face. Nakakahiya lang pumasok ng naka-trench coat. Otherwise, inilabas ko na ung mga binili kong coats sa abroad. I don't care if I ride the LRT everyday. Manginig sila sa inggit (or sa katatawa?). Bwahahahaha Speaking of trench coat, I suddenly miss Paris. I only went there once but boy was it an experience of a lifetime. I have my boss, Madame Ethel, to thank.
Anyway, another reason for loving this job is I only work five times a week, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. I'm sure some won't find this sched ideal especially nocturnal species like journalists. I was once (take note: past tense)a journalist and have been used to flexible time (translation: aabsent ka when you feel like it)for more than seven years. I guess that was one of the reasons why I didn't stay long with the PR company. My body clock didn't adjust well. I needed full five months to re-set my inner clock and get used to the 8 to 5 routine.
Finally, and for some strange reasons, I hardly get cranky since taking on this job. I used to get anxiety attacks when I was still a newspaper girl, either caused by my boss or by some stupid mistake. Of course I get tired writing those tests but I DON'T feel it. Alam mo yun? You know you're tired but you don't feel it? It's weird. And I AM feeling weird these days.

No comments: