overrun? run over? what the heck!

Am feeling a bit pissed this morning. Let me rephrase that. I SHOULD be feeling annoyed about what happened on my way to work. But being the nice me, I let the incident slide off without giving a (cat) fight.
I usually take the LRT 5th Avenue station on the way to my office in Roxas Boulevard. I was not born rich (although I always wish I was)so I have no choice but to take the public transport. Nothing wrong with that except when you encounter reckless (a.k.a balasubas) drivers plying the treacherous streets of Manila.
No, the accident did not happen at the LRT station. I did not fall off the tracks, thank God. But I was run over by a tricycle. Of all vehicles, tricycle pa. It could have been a BMW, a Corvet, or pede na ring ang Pajero to make the incident a bit more telenovela where the driver will get off the car, help me get up...then look into my eyes and offer me a ride home. Sigh. Unfortunately, I am not Judy Ann Santos or Claudine Baretto.
I'm more of Annie Batumbakal who was ran over by a tricycle as she was getting off the cursed vehicle. Nakakahiya! I was already tearing up, partly because scrapes started to creep up my calf, and partly because everybody was staring at me as if I would die at that moment!
Juiceko! It was embarrassing more than it was painful. In my confusion, I grabbed a tissue paper from my bag and frantically rubbed the scrapes while mumbling incoherent curses.
Anyway, the driver (who was a minor!)sheepishly apologized. "Ate sorry, akala ko nakababa ka na."
Ok ka lang? Hindi mo ko nakita? Buset!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hihi...ako din, may Annie Batumbakal moment when I was in high school...pero jeep naman. ;( naipit sa gulong yung lower part naman ng calf ko nung naglalakad ako sa kalye. After that, I was hysterical, violent...but mostly stupid. Kasi pagkatapos kong magwala sa kalye...(eto na yung STUPID part) humingi ako ng bente pesos sa jeepney driver para kabayaran sa aksidente, hehe. ang stupid ko and cheap, hehehe!

CANDY said...

gyou always crack me up! hahahaha!
pero naiyak ako ha, buti naka jeans ako nung time na un. otherwise, mas malala pa inabot ko. ;-)