Will I survive?

I feel like crying this very moment. I just learned that my husband has German measles. Yes, it's no big deal if I was NOT on my first trimester of my pregnancy. All moms out there know that pregnant women are NOT ALLOWED to get sick during this stage, much less with German measles. In the United States, expecting moms who contract this viral disease undergo "therapeutic abortion" without any argument because the chances of delivering a healthy child is very slim. Babies whose moms had measles while they were still inside the tummy are known to have congenital heart diseases, deformities, and other abnormalities once they come out. It's really scaring the shit out of me because for all I know, the strain may be incubating in my body for the past days that I have been exposed to my husband. The doctor said that the incubating period is 2 weeks before it finally manifest into reddish spots similar to allergies.
Now, half of the sad story is the doctor has advised my husband to stay away from me for at least a week to avoid any complications during my pregnancy. And because the virus travels by air, I must not be exposed to the air he breathes. I know that is impossible if you live in the same house and so, with all my begging and objections turning to nil, Argel has decided that he will be sleeping at his uncle's house for a week leaving me and the kids alone for seven days. We've never been separated for that long. I don't want to even think about it right now because I might break down to bits. It's already hard to be sleeping on different beds, what more if you were in two different houses? I may sound so melodramatic here but I can't help it. I am already missing my husband. And the kids, I know they will be asking about him and will also beg me to go see him. Nakakapanlambot. So please, please, help me God.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hugs to you, mader. it's for the best. i can imagine how difficult it must be for you and argel. pero kaya nyo yan, for the sake of your baby. inaanak ko yan ha? :-)

you take care always. mwah!

CANDY said...

thanks mader *hugs*..yes it's very difficult especially now na na-extend pa ulit siya ng one week. it gets lonely but im trying to deal with it.

Of course, ninang ka ng anak ko! take care. miss you loads!