kitchen solutions



Im a sucker for Food Network shows. Name it, I probably know it. Aside from the recipes I so try hard to copy in vain, these shows provide nuggets of wisdom which I find very useful in the kitchen. While I'm at it, I will try to post at least one kitchen tip that I learned from the experts. It's really for my own benefit as I have this bad habit of jotting down bits of interesting information in scratch paper and totally forget about it the next day.

Today's food for thought:
For those who like garlic in anything they eat, here's a neat trick to get rid of that strong garlic odor in your fingers. After slicing, dicing, pounding, mincing or whatever style you use in preparing your garlic, immediately wash hands in cold water rubbing them with a stainless steel utensil (i.e. spoon, fork, ladle, etc.)
Though I haven't tried it, Martha Stewart swears it works like botox. Just kidding.
Kris Aquino also suggests an otherwise expensive alternative. She uses this liquid hand soap that can be bought from Rustan's. Wipes off any garlic residue. Just ask the saleslady about it.

No comments: